Chalkboards!

Thread: Chalkboards!

Join Date Nov 2009
    Posts 183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chalkboards!

So... Dana Tanamachi, I am not! That being said, this was, SUPER SUPER fun to do! Working on this, increased my appreciation for people who work with this chalk, tenfold! I just wanted to make something for my little ones (4 and 6) to countdown the days til Halloween. I thought a chalkboard would be fun for them. I'm in Boston, MA, in the USA, and being so close to Salem, where the witch trials were held, Halloween is really a big deal!

I worked on it at night, sitting up in bed watching TV - it was really relaxing. Not totally done yet, just working on the framework around the main art. So here's my latest project, counting down the days with my littles!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to thejennat8675309 For This Unbelievable Post:

♥LazyVampire♥ (11-01-2016),angelica21 (10-08-2015),fellovergen (10-08-2015),iceapple (07-18-2016),Ishk (11-24-2017),radrad (11-04-2015),Roeltje (10-13-2015),TypeAngel (10-08-2015),Typeslave (11-26-2017),[VBM] (10-08-2015)

Join Date Sep 2014
    Posts 49
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Very impressive work! It looks super clean and I would love to try it in some of our photography projects. Will need to look for a suitable chalkboard to get started now.. I have a feeling it will take a lot of practice to get something this nice!

Have you done any more art with chalkboards/chalk since?
    Join Date Nov 2009
    Posts 183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just seeing this post now.. I'm getting ready to work on a HUGE project - this was a small board, maybe 25 inches x 17 inches, somewhere around there.. but we've painted a wall in my children's playroom with blackboard paint - and I think I'm going to attempt a full wall mural. I'm SUPER excited about it! I'll have to post pictures as soon as I have the outline figured out!
    Last edited by thejennat8675309; 11-01-2016 at 09:05 PM. Reason: adding text
    Join Date Oct 2008
    Location New York
    Posts 300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    looks very nice....wish i were artisitic like that
    seems you have a knack for it..keep up the great work!